Saturday, January 14, 2012

On the bit and over the fence

REALLY interesting session today. First ride since last weekend. A fussy start, but I decided to focus on getting her on the bit immediately and keeping her there. After about 2 minutes of drunken walking, she started to move forward and lightened up wonderfully. For the first time I was able to keep her on the bit as much as I wanted, and I could descente de main and she stayed there. It was even better at the trot. This was totally new and clearly a result of Lalo's work last week. I also think the in-hand head lowering exercise contributed. With some reinforcement I feel she can really make new progress now.

I set the jump to about 20" and got nice jumps in both directions. She will tend to trot the jumps but I did not feel like going any higher today. I cantered her in both directions, but the jumps were all at the trot.

No comments:

Post a Comment